Monday 21 October 2019

My Dad is a Heel Wrestler/ パパはわるものチャンピオン/ Papa wa Warumono Champion (2018)

🎥 The man behind the Cockroach (Gokiburi) Mask!! 


Reflection 
I got a chance to attend the screening of 'My Dad is a Heel Wrestler', as part of the Japanese Film Festival(2019), organized by Japan Foundation in collaboration with PVR Cinemas in Delhi. The following questions came to my mind as I walked out of the movie theater with my friends:
What if sometimes we have to be rather act as the bad guy to get things done ?    
How can we judge others based on what he/she does for a living ?
What value does an hero have in the absence of a villain ?
How can we teach our kids the difference between playing a bad guy and being a bad guy ?

Movie Details
Inspired by the children’s book 'Papa no shigoto wa warumono desu' and 'Papa wa Warumono Chanpion' written by Masahiro Itabashi and illustrated by Hisanori Yoshida. 
Name and Year: My Dad is a Heel Wrestler(English)/ パパはわるものチャンピオン(Japanese)/ Papa wa Warumono Champion(Romaji) and 2018
Director: Kyohei Fujimura
Producer: Yusuke Wakabayashi 
Writers: Masahiro Itabashi & Hisanori Yoshida (picture book) and Kyohei Fujimura (screenplay)
Cinematographer: Hironori Yamasaki
Country: Japan
Language: Japanese

Movie Plot

Pro wrestling champion Hiroshi Tanahashi makes his acting debut as the gentle giant dad to nine-year-old Shota, whose understanding of goodies versus baddies is challenged in the wrestling arena when he discovers his father is actually the despicable heel wrestler who wears the Gokiburi Mask.

Movie Trailer
(Movie and Trailer Credits: Original creators and artists for creating ‘My Dad is a Heel Wrestler’. I am only sharing it here to spread the word and to inspire people all over the world.)

Post Sources
Movie Poster: http://asianwiki.com/File:My_Dad_is_a_Heel_Wrestler-p001.jpg
Movie Details: http://asianwiki.com/My_Dad_is_a_Heel_Wrestler
Movie Plot: https://japanesefilmfestival.net/film/my-dad-is-a-heel-wrestler/
Movie Trailer: https://youtu.be/QLUyWeidVcs


Please feel free to share, reflect and comment on the above post.
If you would like to contribute articles or for suggestions, please email me at: hoping.withhope@gmail.com

With Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment