Tuesday 8 November 2016

Inspiring Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Judy Garland

Dedicated to all our dreams !!
Special thanks to Rainbows for igniting our souls !!
Quote
" 'Over the Rainbow' has become part of my life. It's so symbolic of everybody's dreams and wishes that I'm sure that's why some people get tears in their eyes when they hear it. I've sung it thousands of times and it's still the song that's closest to my heart. "  -- Judy Garland

Song Details

'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' was written for the movie The Wizard of Oz (1939) and was sung by actress Judy Garland, in her starring role as Dorothy Gale.
Song Name: Over the Rainbow or Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Singer: Judy Garland
Lyricist: E.Y. Harburg
Composer: Harold Arlen

Song Lyrics
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I've heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
High above the chimney tops,
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?

Personal Reflection
I wish I could go back in time...
To be free and fearless like a child...

Song Video

Honourable Mention
Israel KamakawiwoʻOle's album Facing Future, released in 1993, included a ukulele medley of "Over the Rainbow" and Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World". Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel KamakawiwoʻOle:
(Song and Video Credits: Original creators and artists for creating such inspiring songs. I am only sharing it here to spread the word and to inspire people all over the world.)

Post Sources
Song Cover Art: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Judy_Garland_Over_the_Rainbow_2.jpg 
Song Details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_the_Rainbow
Song Video Links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U016JWYUDdQ (by Judy Garland)
:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fahr069-fzE (by Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole)

I hope the above songs will remind you of your childhood days and reignite the desire to go after your dreams fearlessly !!

Please feel free to share, reflect and comment on the above post.
And for suggestions, please email me at: hoping.withhope@gmail.com

With Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment