Thursday 11 April 2019

The Land of Gold by Anoushka Shankar ft. Alev Lenz

♫♫Search for a place called home...

Inspiration behind the Song/Album
"As I watched this nightmarish trauma unfold, graphically crystallized by the heart-wrenching images of the lifeless body of Syrian infant Aylan Kurdi washed-up on a Turkish beach – an event that shaped the album’s title song, “Land of Gold” – I felt overwhelmed with a sense of powerlessness to alleviate the suffering and injustice taking place as the world looked on. However, like many others, I was painfully aware that, while I was physically remote from their harrowing experience, it was impossible for me to deny my emotional connection, as a human being.

Land of Gold is the culmination of my journey to the interior, channeling my distress at the situation in a constructive way, exploring the stories of the voiceless and dispossessed. I believe that art can make a difference – it connects us to our hearts, bringing us back to what really matters. Music has the power to speak to the soul."  --- Anoushka Shankar 

Personal Reflection

Due to conflict and wars, millions across the globe including children are forced to undertake life threatening journeys in search of a place of refuge. Land of Gold is a song from an album with the same name that describes the state of refugees in a world we call ours. I could feel the pain, struggle and hope in the rhythm, music, voice and words of the song.    

What if we didn't have a nation we could call our own ? What if we didn't have a home to return to ?   

Song Details
Song Name: Land of Gold ft. Alev Lenz
Album: Land of Gold
Writers/Artists: Manu Delago, Alev Lenz and Anoushka Shankar
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
Language: English

Song Lyrics

Be no burden,
Be polite,
Say goodbye and say hello.
Wait your turn,
Sit upright,
Go to bed now,
Sweet dreams.

Find the kind heart,
Rest your feet and soul, 
May your kind heart find the land of gold.

Pay attention,
Say your name,
Listen closely and keep warm. 
Gentle hands you are brave,
Look at me and carry on...
All is good I love you,
You can hear me,
You can call,
Sing your song with ease and pride,
I will be there not far behind,

Find the kind heart,
Rest your feet and soul,
May your kind heart find the land of gold.

Tell them I walked (x3)
Tell them I walked your way (x3)
Tell them I walked (x5)
Tell them I walked your way ...

Song Video

(Song and Video Credits: Original creators and artists for creating a heartwarming song. I am only sharing it here to spread the word and to inspire people all over the world.)


Post Sources
Post Picture: My dear friend Cigin
Song Details and Inspiration: http://www.anoushkashankar.com/albums/land-of-gold/
Song Video Link: https://youtu.be/JuLDpheL8p0?t=3





Please feel free to share, reflect and comment on the above post.
If you would like to contribute articles or for suggestions, please email me at: hoping.withhope@gmail.com

With Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment